Tuesday 18 February 2014

Blush

I am very happy with this one. Partly because I love roses, and partly because I really pushed myself and it paid off. I have attempted creating art from this reference photo before, but it did not look anywhere near this good.

This piece has been donated to the Arti Gras 2014 party that supports access to the arts in the City of Cambridge, Ontario, Canada. It will be auctioned and hopefully it will raise a bit of money. Proceeds from the event enable a wide variety of arts programs and activities in the community including arts programming for all ages, free concerts, the Cinesreies film program, school programs for children and opportunities for access for those with special needs.

6" x 6"; Prismacolor Premier coloured pencils and Faber Castell Polychromos on Strathmore Bristol vellum surface paper; 8.5 hours

3 comments:

  1. It is beautiful and I know that when people see it at the auction they will be bidding. Your picture of this rose on your blog is very good, but it is gorgeous when seen "live".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda and Beth. Your comments mean a lot to me. :D

      Delete